Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Romantic Love and Divine Love

ROMANTIC LOVE : I'll love you as long as you love me back.
DIVINE LOVE : I'll love you even if you don't love me back.

Romantic love is based on affinity for the other person. If the other person should change and become a different person, which everyone is likely to do, then the affinity may no longer exist, and the love ends.

Divine love is based on existence. I love you eternally because what I love about you cannot change, it is your true self. I have no choice but to love you, because this love is part of who I am, and not a result of the will-to-love in action. Since this love is part of who I am, then you are part of who I am, and I am part of you.

Romantic love is 'heart-to-heart'. Divine love is 'heart-is-heart'.

No comments:

Post a Comment